This may come as a surprise, but a natural lawn isn’t as “green” as it looks. And Miami FL artificial turf? Not as terrible for the environment as you may think! In fact, synthetic grass is actually greener than the real thing in several ways.
What’s Wrong With Real Grass?
- Wastes water; according to the EPA, it takes several gallons of water per person every day in the United States to maintain a small lawn.
- Needs fertilizing and chemical treatments; many herbicides, pesticides and fungicides are toxic for both people and animals.
- Requires edging and trimming which produces pollution from the equipment used to do so.
- The fertilizers and pesticides used on the grass seep into groundwater which can contaminate drinking water.
- Lawn mowers create air pollution from carbon dioxide as well as other chemicals being emitted from engine exhaust.
- Grass clippings add tons of waste to landfills every year.
There are better alternatives for your yard than a natural grass lawn! Miami FL artificial turf is an excellent alternative because it:
- Uses no water at all
- Synthetic grass installation in Miami is completely chemical-free and doesn’t need to be fertilized
- Can withstand foot traffic which means absolutely no cutting, edging and trimming of grass is needed
- Doesn’t require gas or oil for mowing so there’s no air pollution from the lawn mower
- Is a great solution for those with allergies as it doesn’t harbor pollen, mold spores and other allergens found in grass
- Comes in many different types of textures, blades and colors to suit your style while still providing the soft surface that children or pets need.
- Is pet-friendly so you can have a lawn with no negative effects for yourself or your furry friends!
Is Artificial Grass Sustainable?
Yes, artificial grass is sustainable because it’s made from recycled materials and has a long lifespan. It also contributes less waste to our landfills because it lasts for so long, sometimes as long as 20 years. This makes it an environmentally friendly choice for lawn care, ensuring a durable and attractive alternative to traditional lawn grass.
The key is to manufacture synthetic grass from a trusted artificial turf installer in Miami to make sure you’re getting high-quality products.
Can You Recycle Artificial Grass?
Definitely. For example, the recycle blade of grass from rubber can also be use and turned into new products such as flooring, tiles or road materials with special technology that melts it down and reformulates it.
If you’re considering going green by installing artificial grass in your yard, the friendly professionals here at Miami Artificial Grass Pros are happy to help you out. Just give us a call at 408-317-0931 or send us an online inquiry!